PROGRAM OFFICERS NEEDED!
“Enabling Positive Change for Girls’ Education”
Date: 1st September 2020
About FAWE Uganda
Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) Uganda Chapter is a Non-Governmental Organization established in 1997 as part of the wider FAWE Network to address gender disparities in Education. FAWE Uganda seeks to hire competent, dynamic and experienced professionals to fill the following positions;
Title: Program Officer (2 Positions)
Duty Station: Kampala, Head Office
Reports To: Programs Manager
Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
The Program Officer(s) shall be part of the programs team and shall provide support in planning, budgeting and implementation of the FAWE Uganda programs.
Key Result Areas
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans and budgets.
- Take lead in the implementation of various program/project activities as per the work plans, budgets and contractual obligations.
- Manage project budgets and spending in accordance with FAWE Uganda and donor requirements.
- Participate in the FAWE Uganda advocacy and networking platforms.
- Actively participate in proposal writing and development.
- Participate in the monitoring and support supervision of the different projects and programs in order to ensure effective and efficient implementation.
- Prepare and submit quality activity, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a timely manner.
Ensure proper documentation, knowledge management as well as sharing best practices, lessons learnt accruing from project implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education or related field is essential
- Training in Project Planning and Management is desirable
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Statistical Packages)
- At least five (5) years’ work experience with a reputable NGO in a similar role.
- Proven experience in proposal writing and development
- Experience working on girls’ education and development issues will be of an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of project planning and management
- Demonstrated capacity building skills
- High standard of integrity, discretion and loyalty
- Actively seeks out feedback on their performance (both results and behaviors) with a view to continuous learning and growing
- Self-driven and able to work under minimal supervision
- Build relationships –ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization
- Demonstrated report writing skills
- An excellent understanding of the concepts and practices of participatory development approaches
- Financial Management skills
- Excellent Communication skills
If you are interested in taking up this role and fully meet the requirements above. Please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees and copies of academic transcripts/certificates not later than 15th September 2020, to;
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
-FAWE Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
-All Applications sent via email MUST be sent as one document in PDF
-Cover letters and Curriculum Vitaes must be signed
-Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant
-While FAWE Uganda appreciates all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.